Home | About Us | Contact Us | Sitemap
 
warangalcity.in logo
 

Login:

Name:
Password:

New Member>>
 
 

 

Prime Destinations

About Warangal

Location

WGL At A Glance

Accessibility

Visa Requirement

Currency Converter

Travel Guidelines

Maps of Warangal

Accommodation

Tourism Offices 

 

 

Imp Milestones in Warnagal's History

warangal fort

 

 
  • Prior to 1956, in Warangal, there used to exist only 6 Mandals and 109 Gram Panchayats.

  • In the year 1959, on December 1st Warangal district took its shape, at that time the district area was spread around 5000 hectare miles. The district was populated with 20Lakh people.

  • After the 1959 elections, 1098 villages have been brought in to the purview of Gram Panchayats with the establishment of 530 Panchayats.

  • The District in the State is in the direction of _Vayuvya disha

  • The entire District is spread across in the area of 12,846 hectares miles, this is only the 4.67% of the entire area the State constitutes.

  • Hanamkonda is at a height of 1700 feet when compared to the sea level, where as the district is at a height of 870 feet.

  • The average annual rainfall in the district is around 1048.01 mm.

  • District’s East side, From Warangal at a distance of 107KM, the Godvari rivers keeps flowing at stretch of 100KM via Eturunagaram and Gangaram villages in the North side direction.
  • The Laknavarm Sarassu flowing in the direction of East - North , joins the Godavari river at Eturunagaram village.

  • The river Munneru, which took its birth at Narasampet Taluka, Kishtapuram, joins the Vira river in the Kammam district.

  • In Mulugu Ganpuram Mandal, Ganapuram Sarassu gets converted to Moruvancha vagu and gets merged with Maneru river, which is located in Chityal Mandal, Andugutanda, Vencha Rani, Kaluvapalli.

  • The river Paleru which tooks its birth in Jangam Taluka, in the village Kurchpalli, flows in equal width with the munneruvagu and gets merged with Krishan river located at 2 kms in the south direction from Jagaiaha peta in the Krishna District.
  • Population density is more in the western side when compared to eastern side as eastern side consists of mostly tribal population of Koya, Gondu, Chenchu and Lambadi communities.

  • Forest are spread over an area of 3710 sqkm in Warangal district

  • Warangal district has 1098 villages,5 towns and one municipal corporation ,one municipality, two loksabha and 12 assembly constituencies
  • There are 5 revenue divisions and 51 mandals in Warangal

  • First police station in Warangal is established in 1865

  • First hospital is established in 1884

  • Central Prison is established in 1895

  • First Court is established in 1912

  • Azam-Zahi mill and Agriculture Market Committee are established in 1935

  • Sri Pendyala Raghava Rao of CPI is the first person to be elected as Member of Parliament from Warangal in 1952

  • The first person from the district to work as a minister is M.S.Raja Lingam

  • Kakatiya Medical college is established in 1959

  • Regional Engineering College(NIT) is established in 1959

  • Kakatiya University is formed in 1976

  • All India Radio is established in 1990

  • Total area of the district is 12,846 sqkm. It forms 4.46% of total area of Andhra Pradesh

  • Total area occupied by forests in the district is3710 sqkm.It is 28.89% of total area of the district

  • Warangal Municipality is formed in 1899. and later upgraded to Major Municipality in 1934
  • In 1960 Warangal is again upgraded to Special grade Municipality and later it was upgraded to Municipal Corporation in 1994

  • Kakatiya Urban Development Authority (KUDA) is formed in 1982
 

 

 

 
 

 

 

Home | About Us | Contact Us | Sitemap
All rights reserved ©warangalcity.in 2007. Copyright Terms of Use

 

warangalcity.in logo